On Monday 31 may first day of summer school it was presenting :
* Mikael Wiberg from Umea University , Sweden about texture in Urban informatics. As that he was pointed out :
– texture & materiality : how we can create new textures ?
– culture of texture : From the “big apple ” to the “Screen City” Mikael Wiberg
– new texture in NY
– texture as composition
– texture a relational language
* Professor Anind Dey, Carnegie Mellon University, USA on Real World Context-aware systems
Growing pains with context systems are privacy, evaluation, error, development/end user support, Intelligent. <>.
* Adam Greenfield on Elements of a networked urbanism.
Shanmugalingam Sivasothy form Alcatel Paris shows quite extensively what was happening in Oulu in the first International Ubiquitous summer school.
Having a look in E-Workshop Dr. Zach Shelby on his official site is presenting his report .
1.Take a look on the MobySpray video I really enjoyed the idea.
2. Beej’s Guide a short networking programming guide
3. The 1st International Open Ubiquitous City Challenge (“UBI Challenge” for short) challenges the global R&D community to design, implement, deploy end evaluate novel applications and services in real-world setting in the City of Oulu, Finland.